Sunday, October 03, 2010

Hey Everyone!  I just thought I'd post a fun Halloween card to get you all in the mood for Halloween!  As most of you know, Halloween is my favorite holiday, after Christmas that is!  So I am WAY excited that it is now October and time to start Celebrating!!  This card is made with September's Stamp of the Month, but couldn't help but share it, because I had so much fun making it!  I hope you all Enjoy!!


This card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  To make the card above, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder with Autumn Terracotta CS, then dragged my black Staz On ink over it to make the swirls pop.  The frame is cut with my Cricut.  I embossed the skull image on White Daisy CS, made a mask by stamping the image on a post it note and cutting just the skull out, then stuck it over the skull I embossed.  Then I sponged Olive ink all around the skull, remove the post it mask and your skull stays White! I attached the frame over the White Daisy CS that is now Olive with the skull image.  I embossed the crown on another piece of White Daisy CS and sponged it with Smokey Plum, cut around it, then attached it over the frame so it is popping out of the picture.  I embossed the wording on Smokey Plum CS and distressed the edges in black ink, then added black brads to the four corners and attached it to the Autumn Terracotta CS.  I inked the edges of the Autumn Terracotta CS with black ink. I then attached the Autumn Terracotta CS to black CS for a nice frame around the edges and I distressed the edges with my edge distresser.  Then add it to the card front. To top it all off I added some Bling to the image with our new pink and purple Sparkles!  I LOVE Bling!!

1 comment:

Heather Dixon said...

Omigosh...that is fabulous! I love the swirly design in the background.

Man, everything you make is so full of win.